Medical | Avon, Indiana
HOPE Healthcare Services (HOPE) is seeking a qualified candidate for the clinic ministry.
HOPE is a 501(c)(3) medical and dental clinic that operates in the name of Jesus Christ and has served community residents without medical or dental insurance. Since opening its doors in June 2005, HOPE has provided care for thousands of patients through the dedicated efforts of licensed volunteer healthcare providers. HOPE is excited to add a Direct Primary Care practice to the ministry, as a well as a new part-time physician to the team.
The ideal candidate:
We are seeking a part-time (3 days per week) physician (MD/DO) to partner with a mid-level provider. (This job share arrangement is to allow for time off; as this is the first, paid staff medical provider at HOPE.) The physician hired will provide the full scope of primary care services for the Direct Primary Care patients, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, care coordination, preventive care and health maintenance to patients above the age of 2 in both a direct-pay patient setting and in support of a volunteer-based clinic model. The physician hired will provide clinical leadership and supervision of midlevel providers and medical support staff, and serve as a resource to our volunteer providers and volunteer support staff.
All candidates will need to have a current licensure in good standing and be able to obtain licensure in Indiana. Candidates must have well-developed writing, interpersonal, and communication skills, as well as be able to use Electronic Medical Records for all charting. The position will report to the Executive Director
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Christ-centered individual capable of expressing the gospel through words, deeds and character.
- Provides continuing, comprehensive health maintenance and medical care to individuals and families–to include preventive medicine, behavioral sciences and community health.
- Prescribe medication in accordance with Indiana statute and professional practice guidelines.
- Fluent with current standards of care in family medicine, including gynecology, pediatrics, geriatrics, and basic psychiatry.
- Perform minor surgical procedures.
- Arrange referral for patients based on need in coordination with the Clinical Services Manager.
- Review incoming reports (e.g. lab, x-ray, EKG) sign, date and arrange follow-up in a timely manner.
- Opportunity to participate in the instruction of medical students who engage in a clinical rotation at Hope Healthcare Services (the clinic is not currently a rotation site.)
- Participate in staff outreach and off-site recruitment/fund raising efforts.
- Comply with the Hope Healthcare Services Infection Control plan which includes personally utilizing universal precautions. Ensures compliance by support staff.
- Participate and ensure compliance with best practice protocols within Hope Healthcare Services as well as all regulatory compliance measures at the federal, state, and local level.
- Participate in CME, peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical meetings.
- Assist in updating protocols and principles of practice, as requested.
- Assist in outside medical and/or public relations functions.
- $90,000 base salary plus stipend for benefits (negotiable).
- Schedule flexibility.
- Christ centered environment with Kingdom Building rewards.
- Potential for debt forgiveness via government programs.
To formally apply for the position please utilize the link below. If you have any questions before submitting your application please contact John Mollaun, Executive Director, at 317-272-0708 x-106 or firstname.lastname@example.org.